This 2-day designation course focuses entirely on the buyer’s side of the transaction. Client-Level versus Customer-Level Service, Fiduciary Duties of representation, needs assessment, property selection, offering process, negotiation strategies and protecting the buyer’s interests are explored in great deal. Great focus is placed on the buyer counseling session and setting the client’s expectation level for a smooth transaction to retain the client for life. Marketing and Prospecting techniques are highlighted. Course fee includes the attendee’s first year’s dues. One additional elective course is required.
- Agency – Relationships, Creating Relationships, Conflicts, & Agency Disclosure
- Service Delivery – What services are provided, Resources to find properties, How to protect the buyer
- Marketing & Promotion – Building & maintaining your business
- Negotiation and Risk Management
Date: See Calendar Below- Approved for 12 CEH’s
Time: Registration – 8:30 am. Class begins 9 am – 4:00 pm. Testing at the end of 2nd day.
>> View ABR Course Calendar
To register for this course please call 401-785-9380 option 1 or register online.
Location: Rhode Island Assn. of REALTORS®, 100 Bignall Street, Warwick, RI 02888
Phone: (401) 785-9380 option 1
Fax: (401) 785-3879
To earn the ABR Designation you must:
- Successfully complete all 4 modules and pass the exam with a score of 80% or higher;
- Maintain REBAC membership ($110 a year, first years dues included in course fees)
- Close a minimum of 5 real estate transactions as a buyer representative within three years of taking the ABR program (Transactions that occurred prior to taking the ABR can qualify)
- Maintain your REALTOR® membership
- Complete one elective course approved by REBAC
- The following Electives are offered at RIAR: Effective Negotiating for Real Estate Professionals, Foreclosure Opportunities for the Buyer Client, EPRO, GRI Designation, HAFA Short Sales, Introduction to Real Estate, NAR’s Green Designation, Marketing Reboot, RPR, Resorts & Second Home Markets, SRES