What’s a CRS?
The Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) is the highest Designation awarded to sales associates in the residential sales field. The CRS Designation recognizes professional accomplishments in both experience and education.
Since 1977 the Council of Residential Specialists has been conferring the CRS Designation on agents who meet its stringent requirements. Currently, there are more than 37,000 active CRS Designees.
Learn more about the Resident Real Estate Council (Formerly The Council of Residential Specialists)
New CRS Course at the RI Association of REALTORS in 2018!
#484 CRS: How Technology Can Ruin Your Real Estate Business
Visiting instructor: Craig Grant from Real Estate Technology Institute (RETI)
Technology has revolutionized the ways we live, shop, socialize, entertain, access information, and conduct business in the modern world. Powered by the Internet, cloud-based tools, social media, and mobile apps, the technology revolution has delivered tremendous positive impact by bridging gaps between cultures, improving quality of life, enhancing operational efficiencies and speed, and many other advancements. However, if used without proper safeguards, modern-day technology can expose agents and their clients to many vulnerabilities. Viruses, malware, social engineering, identity theft, and other malicious threats (all of which are growing at alarming rates) are particularly concerning because the nature of the business requires real estate professionals to collect and store their client’s personally identifiable information.
This course empowers agents with the strategies and tools you need to navigate your business and clients through the perilous legal, online, and social media world. Course participants also
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe how viruses and malware can infect your computer and mobile devices
- Identify techniques to encrypt your data to avoid getting viruses and malware
- Define encryption and explain its important role in securing your data
- Cite state & federal laws relating to technology that affect your job as a REALTOR® and your interactions with consumer.
- Explain the National Association of REALTORS® policies on technology and how they impact your Business
- State the terms and dangers of copyright infringement and identify safe source
- Assess the impact and importance of using proper online etiquette and how to handle online conflicts
- Leverage tools and techniques to keep you and your technology devices safe
RIAR Member and CRS Member Cost: $170*
Non Member Cost: $190*
*Prices increase by $20.00 two weeks prior to course
If you are not a member of RIAR and not a member of CRS you may register for this class here: http://www.rirealtors.org/education/continuing-education/non-member-class-registration/
RIAR Members please register from the Member Gateway/Dashboard and selecting Education Training.