The Rhode Island Association of Realtors is the largest Real Estate school in Rhode Island offering over 25 Sales Pre-License classes per year both at the main location in Warwick, and at smaller satellite locations throughout Rhode Island. Classes are offered to accommodate most schedules. Completion of the course is contingent on each student attending 45 hours in full (no exceptions). Our instructors follow one syllabus to allow students (in the case of an emergency) to make-up any missed classes as necessary. There is an additional fee of $25 per make-up class *see make-up policy for more information.
- APPROVAL: The RIAR Real Estate School is governed by the RI Department of Business Regulations and pertinent State of Rhode Island General Laws. Our function is to provide a learning environment that enables participants to prepare to take the General and State Law portions of the Sales Pre-License examination for RI.
- STAFF: For any questions regarding classes, please contact RIAR Professional Development Center at 401-785-9898 option 1, Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm. Our office is located on the ground floor at 100 Bignall Street, Warwick. Our e-mail is [email protected]
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
- SCHEDULE OF FEES (TUITION CHARGES): Tuition payment for this course is payable by check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Full payment must be received upon registration. The cost of the class is $255.00 (unsponsored) and includes two text books. Other learning materials are also available for nominal fees.
- SPONSORSHIP: If you are being sponsored by a Real Estate office that is a member of the Rhode Island Association of Realtors you are eligible for a $25 discount ($230). In order to receive this pricing, a letter or email must be received from the principal broker of the office (no exceptions) stating that they are sponsoring the student. This must be received by the RIAR Professional Development Center prior to or at the time of registration. Sponsorship emails should be sent to [email protected] or letters can be faxed to 401-785-3879.
- ATTENDANCE: Students have to complete all classes (45 hours) prior to taking the Sales Pre-License Exam. A make-up fee of $25.00 is charged unless there is documentation for a medical or work related absence. All make-up fees must be paid in full in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. To inquire about make-up dates, times and locations, please contact the office at 401-785-9898 option 1. Students have 1 year from the date of the last class of their scheduled course, as referenced in the course syllabus, to attend any missed classes.
- MATERIALS: 2 text books are included in the price of tuition and are provided at class #1. Supplemental materials will also be provided as the course progresses. There are no refunds or returns for text books.
- Class quizzes and exams are available electronically to all students throughout the class and are for the students benefit to see where they stand with the class material. These quizzes are not graded and do not need to be submitted.
- HOLIDAYS: Each class syllabus will specify if a date is being skipped because of a holiday. Please refer to the class syllabus or holiday calendar.
- CANCELLATIONS: A ‘School Closings’ handout is posted in the classrooms and distributed to students in class #1. In the event of school cancellation due to inclement weather, a listing of local TV Stations, websites and radio stations are provided. This course will be listed under VoTech schools, Rhode Island Association of Realtor classes. Cancellations will also be posted as a recording on the student weather cancellation line at 401-432-6950.
- CONDUCT: Students are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. This includes adherence to the class schedule, dress, and decorum. Offensive and disruptive conduct will not be tolerated and is cause for immediate dismissal. Re-entrance requests must be in writing to the Director of Professional Development in conjunction with course instructor(s) approval.
- INSTRUCTORS: Questions are encouraged by all participants as long as they pertain to the subject matter at hand. If not, our instructors will refer you to the appropriate class regarding that particular topic. Our experienced instructors are all active REALTORS ® with expertise and in-depth knowledge of the real estate profession.
- CERTIFICATION: Upon successful completion of the Pre-License Real Estate Examination Course, students will be e-mailed their Certificate of Completion within 72 hours of the class ending. If you do not receive an e-mail within 72 hours, please contact the RIARPDC or e-mail [email protected]. This Certificate of Completion is valid by the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulations for 2 years from the date of completion as appears on the Certificate. Once the examination is taken and passed, students only have 1 year to apply for a license. Please note: The 1 year application period is NOT in addition to the 2 year expiration the Certificate of Completion. You have 2 years only to complete all
- LEAD PAINT HAZARDS: All applicants for a Real Estate Salesperson or Broker License MUST comply with the mandatory Lead Poisoning/Lead Hazard Mitigation Course Requirement BEFORE a license can be issued. All RIAR pre-license students may take the Lead Paint Hazards class at a discounted rate of $30.00 offered by the Rhode Island Association of Realtors. Please contact the education department for more information.
How to Register:
- By phone: Call 401-785-9898 option 1 (Mon – Fri 8:15am – 5:00pm)
- In person at: 100 Bignall Street Warwick, RI 02888