It is the student’s responsibility to know and understand all below policies regarding attendance, making-up missed classes or obtaining a refund. If you have any questions about any of the below policies, please contact the RIAR education department at 401-785-9898 option 1, or visit the education window during business hours at 100 Bignall Street, Warwick.
STUDENT ATTENDANCE POLICY
- Students need to complete all 15 classes (45 hours) prior to taking State Exam and receiving certificate of completion for the Sales Pre-License class
- No student admitted after 10 minutes once class begins. No exceptions. In certain circumstances however, the $25.00 make-up fee may be waived. Please contact the education department for more information.
- Any student who does not sign the sign-in sheet will be given an incomplete for the class and be required to make-up the specific class that was not signed in for.
- All students MUST CLEARLY and LEGIBLY sign their INDIVIDUAL names. Any student who has another student signing in on their behalf will be given an incomplete and be required to make up the class in question.
- Students will not be permitted to proceed with class if classes #1 and #2 are both missed. Any refund request must be made by class #3.
- Any student who leaves before the class has completed or does not return after a scheduled break will be given an incomplete and be required to make up the specific class in its entirety.
STUDENT MAKE-UP POLICY
- $25.00 fee per make-up class unless there is documentation for a medical or work related absence. Any documentation can be sent to the RIAR Education Department.
- All make-up fees must be paid and all classes attended in order to receive certificate of completion.
- RIAR Education will provide a Sign-In Sheet at Class #14 that will include the specific classes missed by individual students. If there are any questions or disputes, please contact RIAR Education.
- To inquire about make-up dates, times and locations, please contact the RIAR Education Department. Please note that classes may be cancelled due to weather or instructor illness in which case the schedule would change. Any student planning on attending a make-up class should contact the RIAR Education department the day prior to the class to confirm it is still on as scheduled.
- Make-Up students must sign and print their name on the make-up sheet OR if there is no specific make-up sheet, please print and sign on the bottom of the class sign-in sheet.
- Students have 1 year from date of last class attended to make up any missed classes
STUDENT REFUND POLICY
Cancelling prior to class #1: Refund of all monies paid except a $25.00 registration fee.
Cancelling After Class #1 – #3: Students wishing to withdraw from class must file their request by calling the RIAR Education Department at 401-785-9898 option 1 by class #3. From monies paid RIAR Education shall retain:
- $25.00 Registration fee
- $10.00 per class attended by student
- $50.00 for books and course materials (if received)
Students will NOT be permitted to proceed with class if classes #1 and #2 are BOTH missed. In this case, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the RIAR Education Department to proceed with the Refund procedure.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO REFUND FOR BOOKS NOR ARE BOOKS ACCEPTED IN RETURN
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER CLASS #3.
Under certain circumstances, these dollars can be applied to another sales pre-license course with the approval of the education director within a six month period.