The Rhode Island Commercial Information Exchange (RICIE) is the premiere database of commercial property listings & recent sale/lease comparables in the Rhode Island market area. For commercial real estate specialists, RICIE not only offers subscribers access to a dynamic property database, but it’s also a robust tool for research, marketing, communicating & networking. Unlike similar services, RICIE is operated by practitioners for practitioners – RICIE users guide the direction of the product.
What is a CIE?
As defined within the RICIE Operating Rules, a CIE allows practitioners to gather, manipulate and disseminate commercial real estate information according to their specific needs. RICIE differs from State-Wide MLS in that:
- No offer of compensation is required
- Non-broker entities may subscribe as users on a read-only basis
- Different fee arrangement than MLS
How does the CIE work?
A CIE works very much like a multiple listing service, but with data fields, system reports and tools designed specifically for the commercial marketplace. State-Wide MLS has employed the services of a market-leading on-line property information system to manage property content. Working with Catylist Real Estate Software, Inc., the nation’s largest provider of CIE services, RICIE subscribers will have access to the “Catylist” system, providing users with features like:
- A Property-Centric Research Database — Catylist includes active property listings, sale/lease transactions, property records for each building in the market and demographics. This data is then tied to the underlying parcel records, allowing subscribers to generate useful market statistics and trends.
- A Powerful Marketing Engine — Single data entry allows subscribers to build amazing listing presentations (both online and in print), then distribute them for exposure to a wide network of industry websites, search engines and even their own company websites.
- A Social Networking Platform — Users will have full access to a number of communication tools, including email lists, a discussion forum, a detailed, customizable membership directory, support for blogs, and integration with leading social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- A Web Presence For Our Market — Catylist is also a content management system used to post news, events, member/leadership lists, etc. RICIE will be a professional, search engine-optimized hub for commercial real estate in our market.
- A Commercial Property Search Engine — RICIE subscribers will have access to the most advanced search engine in the industry, allowing them to search property by any number of criteria in real time.
What are the subscription fees and how do I join?
The subscription fees are based on the level of access a user requires. Further, existing RIAR/State-Wide MLS Members get preferred subscription rates, with the Basic CIE service being offered at no charge! View details on the various member subscriptions, pricing packages and information on how to join.
Where Can I Learn More? Is there Training?
Yes, MLS offers a FREE RICIE Catylist Training Class to both RIAR/MLS and Non Members that teaches you how to use the Catylist CIE system. Even if you only occasionally list commercial property, attend a FREE RICIE Catylist Training Class to learn how CIEs work and the benefits of the new Catylist system for you and your clients. Register for classes »
Where Can I Get RICIE Listing Forms?
RICIE listing input forms can be found on the Rhode Island CIE website under “About RICIE” > “Documents and Links”. Currently, RIAR does not have Commercial Purchase & Sales Agreements.