Each year, the Rhode Island Association of REALTORS monitors and lobbies on hundreds of bills that affect real estate transactions. The following is a summary of some of the key bills. If you have any questions about these bills, please contact David Salvatore, Government Affairs Director.
The Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® Government Affairs Committee was hard at work for the first half of the year, helping to promote a legislative environment that protects homeowners and the entire real estate community. Working with new Government Affairs Director, David Salvatore, the committee made strides in building relationships with our legislators and advocating for positive housing legislation. Read the details of this year’s legislative session…
- RIAR Legislative Report – 2016 – updated 7/27/16
- 2018 Legislative Session Blueprint – updated 7/27/16
- End of Session Report – 2017
- End of Session Report – 2018
5 Easy Ways for You to Get Involved!
1. Contact the RIAR Legal Department at (401) 785-3650 x 5 or email email@example.com with your questions and suggestions about this issues.
2. Take five minutes to register with RIAR’s Voter Voice on http://www.votervoice.net/groups/riar/ so that you will be able to email your state legislators
3. Respond to RIAR Call for Action by emailing or contacting your state legislators
4. Find out who your state senator and state representative are. http://www.sec.state.ri.us/elections/findyourofficials/index.html