1. By Tuesday, February 4th, as a Rhode Island real estate licensee, you should have received a renewal letter via email from the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation (DBR) with a credential number, pin and a quick link to https://elicensing.ri.gov. This enables you to renew your license online. If you haven’t already done so, use the credentials in the renewal letter to follow the link and click on the Quick Renewal Button. You will be able to view a step-by-step, Real Estate Salespersons Quick Renewal Tab Overview.
If you did not receive the letter from DBR, please update your email at https://dbr.ri.gov/updateinformation. DBR will resend your letter with login credentials within six weeks.
2. You will need:
- Your Errors and Omissions insurance provider and expiration date
- Certificates of completion for all courses taken. These must be retrieved from the school in which the course was taken. (You can see an online record of courses taken ONLY at RI REALTORS® on the Member Gateway. If you need a copy of one of these certificates please contact RI REALTORS® Professional Development.)
- Criminal History Report if applicable
- Credit card or electronic check
- If you have changed brokers, you must fill out and send a transfer of license form and accompanying $25 fee to DBR before you will be able to access the online app. If a Transfer Form to the Department has been submitted prior to this renewal period, please select NO.
3. Follow the instructions and pay online. (You do not need to complete the form all at once. You can save and close it at any point. When you go back into the app, you must c 3. Click on “continue” – not “start” or “restart”.)
Click here for more information about license renewal. The real estate license renewal deadline has been extended through May 31, 2020. You must have 24 hours of CEs total (including a minimum of 6 CORE) taken after May 1st, 2018. (Some exemptions apply.) If you have already fulfilled your CE requirements for this renewal cycle and wish to take a class in May that you have not submitted for the current cycle, they can count toward the next renewal cycle. Please keep records of your submissions.