Last updated: 5/26/20
RI REALTORS met with representatives from Commerce RI, the RI Departments of Health and Business Regulations, and the Governor’s office earlier this week to discuss open house guidance. We discussed parameters of a future plan which accommodates the CDC’s COVID best practices and the Governor’s executive orders, i.e.: 1 Realtor inside the home and 1-2 outside; only 5 people including the Realtor, and homeowner if present, would be allowed inside the home; signs should be posted listing rules, for example, no touching anything inside, face masks required, Realtor disinfection/cleaning protocol between groups, etc. This diagram pictorially highlights the features of our discussion. We were told that RIAR will receive written guidance the week of 5/25 which we will disseminate to the membership. Reminder: State-Wide MLS does offer virtual tours and live-stream open houses – the safest way to show your listings during phase 1 of the reopening. Please stay tuned for definitive guidance from the State of Rhode Island coming next week.
A REALTOR Foundation:RI Matching Grant Fundraiser is ongoing through May 31 to help those affected by the coronavirus. If you are able, please consider making a donation to help those less fortunate. Learn more and donate here.
Information REALTORS® need to know:
This page and the links below will be continually updated as information becomes available.
- RIAR/MLS Office/Staffing/Event & Class Cancellations
- Real Estate Specific Updates: Federal, State and Municipal Resources
- Financial Assistance for Small Businesses – PPP,etc.
- COVID-19 FAQs for REALTORS
- Unemployment Benefits FAQs for REALTORS
- COVID-19 Amendment to the Purchase and Sales Agreement Revised 4/7/
- RI REALTORS Recorded Virtual Town Hall Webinars: Timely topics covered by industry experts. Watch now!