Are you interested in starting a career in real estate? Get started today!
The RI REALTORS® Professional Development Center is the premier and largest real estate training school in Rhode Island. Our office is centrally located in Warwick with satellite classrooms located throughout the state for your convenience.
The first step for starting a career in Real Estate is taking the Sales Pre-License course which is intended to provide the first step towards professionalism in real estate. This course is a state requirement and prepares you to successfully pass the state exam.
If you are interested in RIAR’s Broker Pre-License course and how RIAR can help you obtain a broker license, please visit:
4 Steps to Starting a Career in Real Estate:
Step 1: Register and Complete 45 hours of Sales Pre-license Training
- RI REALTORS®45-hour Pre-license courses are offered as bi-weekly, 3-hour, morning or evening sessions. Weekend accelerated sessions are also available. Cost of tuition includes books and required 3 hours of agency.
$285.00 or $260.00 if sponsored*
$25 discount available for sponsored students. Discount not available for online registrations. See Step 5 below for more information.
Step 2: Complete a 3-hour Lead Paint Hazards/Awareness Course
- COST: Student Price $30 – To receive the student price, register by phone at 401.432.6903 or in person at RI REALTORS®.
Step 3: Schedule your Rhode Island Licensing exam
- COST: $70 – Exams must be scheduled with Pearson VUE either by phone (1-800-274-8922) or online. The licensing exam consists of two exams, a general test and a state test. Visit: https://home.pearsonvue.com/ri/realestate
Step 4: Choose the Right Brokerage
- The RI REALTORS® Professional Development Center provides each Pre-license student with a list of REALTOR® member offices that are willing to take on new licensees.
- You do not need to know what firm you will go with once licensed prior to starting the Sales Pre-license course; however, students sponsored by a firm prior to registering may be eligible for a $25.00 discount in tuition if sponsored by a real estate office that is a member of the Rhode Island Association of REALTORS©.
- To receive this sponsored pricing, the principal broker of the office (no exceptions) must provide a letter/email stating that they are sponsoring the first and last name of student. This MUST be received prior to or at the time of registration.
- Submit sponsor letters to firstname.lastname@example.org fax: 401-785-3879.
Sponsored students MUST register by phone or in person at the RI REALTORS® Professional Development Center to be eligible for the $25 discount.
Join the REALTOR® Organization!
- The National Association of REALTORS® and its state and local boards are committed to providing members with opportunities and resources to enhance professional skills and maximize earnings. In addition, only members of the RI Association of REALTORS can market their listings through State-Wide MLS and its consumer property search site, RILiving.com.
- How do I become a REALTOR®? Ask your broker to which local association of REALTORS® he or she belongs, then contact that local REALTOR® Association for an application and additional instructions.
Your experience when taking your Sales Pre-license course with RI REALTORS® includes:
- A curriculum that fulfills the State of RI license requirement for 3 hours of Agency training
- The mandatory Lead Paint course offered only to RIAR Students at a $35.00 discount
- Digital access to multiple practice quizzes for both the general and state portions and a course review.
- Discounted prices for Dearborn Publishing Group additional study guides
- A RI Law Book – Up to date RI Laws for your study that will enable you to complete the RI Law exam proficiently.
- Contact information of REALTOR® member offices who are interested in associating new licensees.
- Access to information on multiple continuing education courses and seminars that are aimed at launching, maintaining and growing your real estate practice.
Have questions? Contact the RIAR Professional Development Center!
Phone: 401-785-9898 option 1
Visit in Person: Monday – Friday, 8:15am – 5:00pm at RI REALTORS®, 100 Bignall Street, Warwick, RI 02888