To give our students the best learning experience and comply with requirements for continuing education set forth by the RI Department of Business Regulations, RI REALTORS® requests and enforces the following classroom etiquette. Failure to follow may result in any or all of the following:
- No receipt of continuing education (CE) credit or certification/designation, if applicable
- No refund of course tuition, if applicable
- Removal from class at the discretion of the instructor and/or class monitor
Arrive for class on time. We suggest arriving early to ensure a successful connection. Anyone arriving more than ten minutes after class has begun will be considered absent from that class. For courses with multiple sessions, frequent late arrivals may be given an incomplete for the course.
- Have an official picture ID available during class in case you need to provide verification.
- Always remain on camera and have adequate lighting.
- Mute your microphone when not speaking.
- Remain stationary and keep your camera stationary (we suggest using a table or other flat surface).
- Remain indoors.
- Refrain from driving or riding in a vehicle.
- Refrain from conducting other business, taking calls or household chores.
- Be explicit and animated about non-verbal communication (nodding, thumbs up, hand- raising, etc.).
Conduct yourself as if you were in a physical classroom, i.e.:
- Act appropriately and respectfully.
- No drinking alcohol.
- No inappropriate attire.
- Minimize distractions and be present.
- Silence and put away phones and other devices.
- Close unrelated work.
- Remain upright (do not recline or lay down).
- Refrain from conversations with others who may be in the area.
- Use a background that is not too distracting/avoid distracting virtual backgrounds.
Know What to Expect
It is strongly suggested that you test the Zoom functionality prior to your first class meeting. Depending on the device, downloading an app may be required. You can test your audio and video prior to class without creating an account at https://zoom.us/test.
You can try your own meeting by creating a free account (this is NOT required to attend class) at www.zoom.us.
Helpful Resources and Tips
- Zoom support and resources
- View a short video tutorial
- Virtual classroom IT Support
- Video tips for using Zoom on your phone
Should you have any questions or concerns, you may contact RI REALTORS® Professional Development Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, 401-785-9898, during our regular business hours: Monday through Friday 8:15 am – 5pm.
We hope you enjoy your virtual classroom experience and welcome your feedback and comments.