The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and its affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils provide a wide-range of programs and services through the Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® that assist members in increasing skills, proficiency, and knowledge. Designations and certifications acknowledge experience and expertise in various real estate sectors are awarded by NAR and each affiliated group upon completion of requirements.
When taken at RIAR, they have been approved for Continuing Education hours. The National Designations are recognized by all authorized National Association of REALTORS® providers.
NOTE: By completing the course does not automatically grant you the credential unless otherwise noted. Requirements, annual fees or applications may apply in addition to completion of the course. When taken with RIAR, by attending the class you will still earn CE towards RI license renewal.
RIAR is approved to offer the following NAR certification/designations:
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) and various ABR electives
- Certified Real Estate Team Specialist (CRETS)
- NAR’S Green Designation (GREEN)
- Graduate, REALTOR® Institute (GRI)
- Seller Representative Specialist (SRS)
- Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- Military Relocation Professional (MRP)
- Pricing Strategy Advisor (PSA)
- Real Estate Negotiation Expert (RENE)
- Resort & Second Home Property Specialist (RSPS)
- At Home with Diversity (AHWD)
- Residential Real Estate Council (CRS/RCC)
- Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB)
View the RIAR Education Calendar to view upcoming designation courses or send inquiries to professionaldevelopment@RIREALTORS.org. If you are not a member of the Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® and interested in taking one of these courses you are able to create an account and register or call 401-785-9898 option 1 for assistance.