Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager
#470 Managing a Multi-Generational Business
This course is part of the National Association of REALTORS® CRB Designation!
For the first time in modern history, 4 generations — Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Millennials — are working side by side and presenting new challenges for managers and their employees in the workplace. A definite lack of awareness exists among these four distinct generations. Typically, those of each generation feel they know best, better than those who came earlier, and certainly much better than the new kids on the block. This leads to management challenges and productivity issues.
At the conclusion of the Course, participants should be able to:
- Define the four generations and how they see the world—Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Millennials
- Address motivational issues by understanding the 4 generations more thoroughly
- Decrease negative judgments and generational stereotyping
- Improve decision-making by practicing real world critical incident scenarios
- Acquire an overall appreciation for generational differences
- Discover why good cross-generational management matters and how to head off conflict between generations
- Recognize favored communication styles and effective learning styles for each generation
- Discuss the positive attributes that each generation brings to the work environment
- Take a close look at goals, challenges, expectations, and motivating factors