License renewal is upon us – all licenses expire April 30, 2020! Here’s some info you should know:
All RI primary licensees who received their license before November 3rd 2019 need a minimum of 6 CORE CEs and 18 Elective CEs for a total of 24 (classes that count towards CORE are indicated on the RIAR education calendar descriptions.)
Why use RI REALTORS®?
- Our school license has over 180 in classroom courses approved for CE
- Over 65 Broker 90 pre-licensing courses approved, a total of 374 CE hours to choose from.
- Over 10 National Association of REALTORS® designation and certifications courses approved for CE
- RI REALTORS® has over 15 NEW courses for CE since the end of last renewal (May 1, 2018)
- Access to your RIAR education history online
- RI REALTORS® has online school partnerships with some of the leading names in online CE providers such as Interact CE, McKissock, CE Shop, and RECampus
- RI REALTORS® provides a course of education – REXpedition for new licensees as well as GRI for new and seasoned members, Rental & property Management Specialist certification, CSI (Cyber, Social and Identity) certifications and CIREC (Commercial Investment Real Estate Certification), Accredited Staging Professional (ASP)
- Most MLS and Technology classes are now approved for CE .
Reminder: If you are considering earning your GRI designation in the next 5 years, or obtaining a brokers license in the next 4 years, all classes must be taken in-person and with the same school. Online courses are not accepted by the state for broker 90 or for earning the GRI designation.
Have questions? Check out the Professional Development renewal FAQ’s.
Once you’ve completed all 24 hours, you can renew with the Department of Business Regulations online! Online will receive the first priority for processing.
Advantages of filing online over paper:
- Faster processing times
- Application if incorrect or contains missing information will not have to be mailed back – All communication would be done by email
- Upload of Documents allowing user to keep their originals
- Pay online
- After initial license issued – May renew in future from any location.
Renew online: https://elicensing.ri.gov/