Requirements for Obtaining a Brokers License
- STEP ONE: Complete the 45-hour Sales Pre-License Class & Lead Paint Poisoning/Lead Paint Hazards.
- STEP TWO: Complete two-years of full time experience as a Salesperson with completed transactions, validated by a statement under oath from the employing broker.
- STEP THREE: Completion of ninety (90) hours of approved classroom study (Sales Pre-License and Lead Paint Class are mandatory requirements and does not count towards the 90 hours). Please view listing of approved courses for 90 hours for more information.
- STEP FOUR: Prepare and pass the state exam. This Brokers State exam is taken with Pearson VUE and can be scheduled by visiting their website at http://www.pearsonvue.com/ri/realestate
- STEP FIVE: S ubmit the Broker Application to RI Department of Business Regulations.
Please refer to the real estate section of Department of Business Regulations website for an up-to date list of Broker requirements and application. For any questions regarding the application or State requirements or approval for courses meeting the 90 hours taken at other schools other than RIAR, please contact DBR directly at 401-462-9506 option 6 for Real Estate.
Upcoming Broker Pre-license Courses held at RI REALTORS®
The Broker’s Pre-license course is designed to successfully prepare an individual to take the Rhode Island Real Estate Broker’s Examination. This course reviews not only areas covered in the Salesperson’s Examination course but also areas included in the test that are specific to real estate brokerage.
This course makes up 24 hours of the state required 90 of education and runs twice a week for a total of 8 sessions. All classes must be attended for credit. This course is scheduled twice each year, any missed sessions must be made up at the following session. It is the student’s responsibility to follow up with RI REALTORS® to check on the status of the next available class.
- September 5 – October 1, 2018
Mondays/Wednesdays, 6-9 P.M.
Location: RI REALTORS®, 100 Bignall Street, Warwick
Instructor Denise Mancini
- Accelerated Class – November 30, 2018
Friday 11/30, Monday 12/3 ends Wednesday 12/5, 8am – 3pm
Location: Kent Washington Association of REALTORS®, 2240 South County Trail, Suite 3, East Greenwich
Instructor Pamela Hanson Carbone
|Course fees:||$217 Member
|Textbook:||Mastering Real Estate Principles
(included in course fee)
Registration Information: Registration Information: Register by calling the RI REALTORS® Professional Development Center at 401-785-9380, Option 1 or RI REALTOR® Members may register online through the Member Gateway.
Non-members may register HERE.