PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, until December 31, 2020, any RIAR class that is approved towards the broker 90 and being held as a live broadcast using zoom will count toward the broker 90. These classes can be found highlighted in light blue on the education calendar. Additionally, NAR’s online REALTOR University offers several NAR Designation and Certification courses that count towards the broker 90. Please click here to view a list of those specific classes and to learn more about REALTOR University.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
90 hours of Approved Broker Classes with RI REALTORS®
Students may choose any of the classes below which are approved to go toward the required 90 hours of continuing education.
It is strongly encouraged to take #1 Broker Pre-license prior to taking the Broker state examination. Because exam results are valid for 1 year, it is encouraged to take the majority of the 90 prior to taking Broker Pre-License which counts for 24 hours.
Reminder, per the change in DBR requirements:
- DBR does not accept any on-line courses for meeting the broker 90 requirement.
- All courses MUST be taken in person
- The below list is approved for RIAR ONLY. Similar titles at other schools do not apply unless the school and course have been approved for the broker 90 by DBR.
- Broker 90 must be completed all at the same school.
- Courses from the below list taken in person through RIAR are valid for 4 years.
- Sales Pre-License and Lead Paint do NOT count toward the 90.
- It is not required to have 2 years experience prior to begin taking these courses. However, you will need 2 years experience with transactions prior to applying for the broker’s license.
- Once completing the 90 hours you MUST contact RIAR to receive a certificate of completion for 90 hours. DBR will not accept individual certificates adding up to 90.
NOTICE – Effective November 15th, 2019 – Anyone taking the SALES exam or BROKER exam at Pearson VUE MUST have a copy of their certificates (45-hour certificate for Sales, 90 hour for Broker). If you do not bring a copy of this with you to the exam, they will not allow you to sit for the exam and you will need to repay the cost of the exam to take again.
For questions about state requirements or other schools offering the 90, please contact the RI Department of Business Regulations 401-462-9506 option 6.
Please note the cost of classes below may vary based on member and non-member pricing. Using the list below, please refer to the RI REALTORS® Professional Development Center calendar for dates, times, pricing and descriptions. If you have any questions or would like to be added to a list to be notified once these classes are scheduled, please contact professionaldevelopment@rirealtorsorg.
Classes that are on the list of approved broker 90, once scheduled, are added to the RIAR calendar and highlighted in blue. For questions regarding the below classes, please contact RIAR Professional Development at 401-785-9898 option 1.
The RI REALTORS® Professional Development staff is on hand Monday – Friday during business hours to help you with any questions you may have about registration and pre-license classes, the process of obtaining your license or any questions you may have about continuing education once you receive a real estate license.