90 hours of Approved Broker Classes with RI REALTORS®
Students may choose any of the classes below which are approved to go toward the required 90 hours of continuing education.
It is strongly encouraged to take #1 Broker Pre-license prior to taking the Broker state examination. Because exam results are valid for 1 year, it is encouraged to take the majority of the 90 prior to taking Broker Pre-License which counts for 24 hours.
Reminder, per the change in DBR requirements:
- DBR does not accept any on-line courses for meeting the broker 90 requirement.
- All courses MUST be taken in person
- The below list is approved for RIAR ONLY. Similar titles at other schools do not apply unless the school and course have been approved for the broker 90 by DBR.
- Broker 90 must be completed all at the same school.
- Courses from the below list taken in person through RIAR are valid for 4 years.
- Sales Pre-License and Lead Paint do NOT count toward the 90.
- It is not required to have 2 years experience prior to begin taking these courses. However, you will need 2 years experience with transactions prior to applying for the broker’s license.
- Once completing the 90 hours you MUST contact RIAR to receive a certificate of completion for 90 hours. DBR will not accept individual certificates adding up to 90.
For questions regarding the below classes, please contact RIAR Professional Development at 401-785-9898 option 1.
For questions about state requirements or other schools offering the 90, please contact the RI Department of Business Regulations 401-462-9506 option 6.
Please note the cost of classes below may vary based on member and non-member pricing. Using the list below, please refer to the RI REALTORS® Professional Development Center calendar for dates, times, pricing and descriptions. If you have any questions or would like to be added to a list to be notified once these classes are scheduled, please contact email@example.com.
|374||Good Management Means Satisfied Customers||12|
|GRI-101-A||Skills for Success||2|
|GRI-101-D||Effective Listing Skills||2|
|GRI-101-E||Sales & Marketing||5|
|GRI-102-A||Pricing Residential Properties||6|
|GRI-102-B||Real Estate Financing||6|
|GRI-201-A||Agency & Anti-trust||6|
|352||Environmental Due Diligence||3|
|GRI-202-A||Residential Construction Design||3|
|19||Code of Ethics||3|
|460||Transaction Desk by InstaNet||3|
|428||Realtors Guide to Social Media||3|
|GRI-301-A||Real Estate Investing||3|
|433||Even Real Estate Has Taxes||3|
|158||Big 3 Environmental Issues||6|
|220||Accredited Buyer Representative||12|
|302||Seller Representation Specialist||12|
|415||Assessing Town Hall||3|
|400||Intro to Rental Process||6|
|402||Record Keeping & Maintenance||3|
|439||Positioning Your Team for Profit||7|
|440||Understanding & Leveraging Your Team||7|
|441||HR Solutions for Teams||7|
|444||Negotiating to Win||3|
|436||Intermediate Tax Deferred Exchanges||3|
|480||Pricing Strategy Advisor||5|
|447||Real Estate Negotiating Expert||12|
|348||Basic Appraisal Principles I||15|
|349||Basic Appraisal Principles II||15|
|468||Power of 1031 Exchanges||3|
|501||The Buyer’s Agent||3|
|504||Negotiating the P&S||3|
|505||Real Estate Forms||3|
|390||RI Purchase & Sales Agreement||3|
The RI REALTORS® Professional Development staff is on hand Monday – Friday during business hours to help you with any questions you may have about registration and pre-license classes, the process of obtaining your license or any questions you may have about continuing education once you receive a real estate license.