Now is the perfect time to think about a future career in Real Estate!
The Rhode Island Association of Realtors is the largest Real Estate school in Rhode Island offering up to 25 Sales Pre-License classes per year both at the main location in Warwick, and at smaller satellite locations throughout Rhode Island. Classes are offered to accommodate most schedules. Completion of the course is contingent on each student attending 45 hours in full (no exceptions). All instructors follow the same syllabus to allow students (in the case of an emergency) to make-up any missed classes as necessary. There is an additional fee of $25 per make-up class *see make-up policy for more information.
1. APPROVAL: The RIAR Real Estate School is governed by the RI Department of Business Regulations and pertinent State of Rhode Island General Laws. Our function is to provide a learning environment that enables participants to prepare to take the General and State Law portions of the Real Estate Salesperson License examination for RI.
2. STAFF: For any questions regarding classes, please contact RIAR Professional Department Center (RIARPDC) at 401-785-9898 option 1, Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm. Our office is located on the ground floor at 100 Bignall Street, Warwick. Our e-mail is email@example.com
3. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
4. SCHEDULE OF FEES (TUITION CHARGES): Tuition payment for this course is payable by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Full payment must be received upon registration. The cost of the class is $255.00 and includes two text books. Additional learning materials are available for nominal fees.
5. SPONSORSHIP: If you are being sponsored by a Real Estate office that is a member of the Rhode Island Association of Realtors you are eligible for a $25 discount ($230). In order to receive this pricing, a letter or email must be received from the principal broker of the office (no exceptions) stating that they are sponsoring the student. This must be received by the RIARPDC prior to or at the time of registration. Sponsorship emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or letters can be faxed to 401-785-3879.
6. ATTENDANCE: Students must complete all classes (45 hours) prior to taking the Sales Pre-License Exam. You will receive a Certificate of Completion to submit with your license application.
- No student will be admitted 10 minutes after class begins. No exceptions.
- All students MUST CLEARLY and LEGIBLY sign their INDIVIDUAL names, in the space next to their printed name on the provided sign in sheet. Any student who has another student sign in on their behalf will be given an incomplete and will be required to make up the class in question.
- Students will not be permitted to proceed if classes #1 and #2 are missed. Any refund request must be made by class #3. Refunds will be less registration and book fees, per “RIAR refund policy”, all monies are forfeited after class #3.
- Any student who leaves before the class has completed or does not return after a scheduled break will be given an incomplete and be required to make up the specific class in its entirety.
- Any student who fails to sign in will be required to make-up the class. Sign-in sheets are the ONLY verification Professional Development has to verify attendance.
7. MAKE-UP CLASSES: A fee of $25.00 is charged unless there is documentation for a medical or work related absence. RIARPDC should be notified as soon as you know you will not be able to attend so your record can be modified. Documentation regarding the absence should be emailed or faxed to us as mentioned in paragraph #5.All make-up fees must be paid in full in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Class #14: RIARPDC will provide details of any student who has missed any or all classes. If there are any questions or disputes, please contact us immediately.
- To inquire about make-up dates, times and locations, please contact RIARPDC during business hours.
- Please note that class schedules may be cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Any student wishing to attend a make-up class should contact us the day before in order to confirm there are no changes to the schedule.
- Make-Up students must sign and print their name on the make-up sheet. If there is no specific make-up sheet, please print and sign on the bottom of the class sign-in sheet available.
- Students have 1 year from the date of the last class of their scheduled course, as referenced in the course syllabus, to attend any missed classes.
8. MATERIALS: 2 text books are included in the price of tuition and are provided at class #1. Supplemental materials will also be provided as the course progresses. There are no refunds or returns for text books.Class quizzes and exams are available electronically via Sharefile, to all students throughout the class and are for the students benefit to see where they stand with the class material. These quizzes are not graded and do not need to be submitted. Additionally, Law quizzes and Law related handouts can also be found in the appropriate class folder and are ONLY available through sharefile. Students are encouraged to activate their account once received, as soon as possible.
9. HOLIDAYS: Classes will be scheduled as not to conflict with legal holidays
10. CANCELLATIONS: A ‘School Closings’ handout is posted in the classrooms and distributed to students in class #1. In the event of school cancellation due to inclement weather, a listing of local TV Stations, websites and radio stations are provided. This course will be listed under VoTech schools, Rhode Island Association of Realtor classes. Cancellations will also be posted as a recording on the student weather cancellation line at 401-432-6950 and students may opt in to receive text message alerts regarding cancellations.
11. CONDUCT: Students are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. This includes adherence to the class schedule, dress, and decorum. Offensive and disruptive conduct will not be tolerated and is cause for immediate dismissal. This includes ANY behavior that will disrupt the instructor as well as other students. Re-entrance requests must be submitted, in writing, to the Director of Professional Development in conjunction with course instructor(s) approval.
12. INSTRUCTORS: Questions are encouraged by all participants as long as they pertain to the subject matter at hand. If not, our instructors will refer you to the appropriate class regarding that particular topic. Our experienced instructors are all active REALTORS ® with expertise and in-depth knowledge of the real estate profession, and certified by state regulations.
13. CERTIFICATION: Upon successful completion of the Pre-License Real Estate Examination Course, students will be e-mailed their Certificate of Completion within 72 hours of the class ending. If you do not receive an e-mail within 72 hours, please contact the RIARPDC or e-mail email@example.com. This Certificate of Completion is valid by the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulations for 2 years from the date of completion as appears on the Certificate. Once the examination is taken and passed, students only have 1 year to apply for a license. Please note: The 1 year application period is NOT in addition to the 2 year expiration the Certificate of Completion. You have 2 years only to complete all requirements including passing the exam and applying for a license.
14. LEAD PAINT HAZARDS: All applicants for a Real Estate Salesperson or Broker License MUST comply with the mandatory Lead Poisoning/Lead Hazard Mitigation Course Requirement BEFORE a license can be issued. All RIAR pre-license students may take the Lead Paint Hazards online with an approved school OR in class at a discounted rate of $30.00 offered by the Rhode Island Association of Realtors. Please contact the RIAR Professional Development department for more information.
15. EXAMINATION: State examinations are done through PearsonVUE. All students must schedule an exam date & time and pay $70 examination fee to PearsonVUE. Visit the RI PearsonVUE website to schedule a time and to see a list of local testing locations or contact Pearson Vue by phone at (800) 274-8922.
How to Register:
- By phone: Call 401-785-9898 option 1 (Mon – Fri 8:15am – 5:00pm)
- In person at: 100 Bignall Street Warwick, RI 02888