The Rhode Island Association of Realtors is the largest Real Estate school in Rhode Island offering up to 25 Sales Pre-License classes per year both at the main location in Warwick, and at smaller satellite locations throughout Rhode Island. Classes are offered to accommodate most schedules. Completion of the course is contingent on each student attending 45 hours in full (no exceptions). All instructors follow the same syllabus to allow students (in the case of an emergency) to make-up any missed classes as necessary. *There is an additional fee of $25 per make-up class see “make-up policy” for more information.
- APPROVAL: The RIAR Real Estate School is governed by the RI Department of Business Regulations and pertinent State of Rhode Island General Laws. Our function is to provide a learning environment that enables participants to prepare to take the General and State Law portions of the Real Estate Salesperson License examination for RI.
- STAFF: For any questions regarding classes, accessing material, and other general Pre License questions, please contact RIAR Professional Department Center (RIARPDC) at 401-785-9898 option 1, Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm. Our office is located on the lobby level at 100 Bignall Street, Warwick. Our e-mail is email@example.com
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
- SCHEDULE OF FEES (TUITION CHARGES): Tuition payment for this course is payable by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Full payment must be received upon registration. The cost of the class is $285.00 and includes two text books and access to additional digital material. RIAR is an authorized Dearborn book retailer and optional additional learning materials are available for nominal fees at main Warwick location.
- SPONSORSHIP: If you are being sponsored by a Real Estate office that is a member of the Rhode Island Association of Realtors you are eligible for a $25 discount ($260). In order to receive this pricing, a letter or email must be received from the principal broker of the office (no exceptions) stating that they are sponsoring the student. This must be received by the RIARPDC prior to or at the time of registration. Sponsorship emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or letters can be faxed to 401-785-3879.
- ATTENDANCE: Students must complete all classes (45 hours) prior to taking the Sales Pre-License Exam. You will receive a Certificate of Completion to submit with your license application. Please refer to Attendance Policy for a full explanation of policies.
- MAKE-UP CLASSES: A fee of $25.00 is charged unless there is documentation for a medical or work related absence for up to 4 absences. RIARPDC should be notified as soon as you know you will not be able to attend so your record can be modified. Documentation regarding the absence should be emailed or faxed to us as mentioned in paragraph #5. Students have 1 year from the date of the last class of their scheduled course, as referenced in the course syllabus, to attend any missed classes. Please refer to Make-up class policy for a full explanation of policies.
- MATERIALS: 2 text books are included in the price of tuition and are provided at class #1. Supplemental materials will also be provided as the course progresses. There are no refunds or returns for text books. Digital material including practice quizzes and exams are available electronically via Sharefile, to all students throughout the class and are for the students benefit to see where they stand with the class material. These quizzes are not graded and do not need to be submitted. Additionally, Law quizzes and Law related handouts can also be found in the appropriate class folder and are ONLY available through sharefile. Students are encouraged to activate their account once received, as soon as possible.
- HOLIDAYS: Classes will be scheduled as not to conflict with legal holidays
- CANCELLATIONS: A ‘School Closings’ handout is posted in the classrooms and distributed to students in class #1. In the event of school cancellation due to inclement weather, a listing of local TV Stations, websites and radio stations are provided. This course will be listed under VoTech schools, Rhode Island Association of Realtor classes. Cancellations will also be posted as a recording on the student weather cancellation line at 401-432-6950 and students may opt in to receive text message alerts regarding cancellations.
- CONDUCT: Students are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. This includes adherence to the class schedule, dress, and decorum. Offensive and disruptive conduct will not be tolerated and is cause for immediate dismissal. This includes ANY behavior that will disrupt the instructor as well as other students. Re-entrance requests must be submitted, in writing, to the Director of Professional Development in conjunction with course instructor(s) approval.
- INSTRUCTORS: Questions are encouraged by all participants as long as they pertain to the subject matter at hand. If not, our instructors will refer you to the appropriate class regarding that particular topic. Our experienced instructors are all active REALTORS ® with expertise and in-depth knowledge of the real estate profession, and certified by state regulati
- CERTIFICATION: Upon successful completion of the Pre-License Real Estate Examination Course, students will be e-mailed their Certificate of Completion within 48 – 72 hours of the class ending. If you do not receive an e-mail within 72 hours, please contact the RIARPDC or e-mail email@example.com. This Certificate of Completion is valid by the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulations for 2 years from the date of completion as appears on the Certificate. Once the examination is taken and passed, students only have 1 year to apply for a license. Please note: The 1 year application period is NOT in addition to the 2 year expiration the Certificate of Completion. You have 2 years only to complete all requirements including passing the exam and applying for a license. Certificate is NULL & VOID 2 years to the date on certificate.
- LEAD PAINT HAZARDS: All applicants for a Real Estate Salesperson or Broker License MUST comply with the mandatory Lead Poisoning/Lead Hazard Mitigation Course Requirement BEFORE a license can be issued. All RIAR pre-license students may take the Lead Paint Hazards online with an approved school OR in class at a discounted rate of $30.00 offered by the Rhode Island Association of Realtors. Please contact the RIAR Professional Development department for more information.
- EXAMINATION: State examinations are done through PearsonVUE. All students must schedule an exam date & time and pay $70 examination fee to PearsonVUE. Visit the RI PearsonVUE website to schedule a time and to see a list of local testing locations or contact Pearson Vue by phone at (800) 274-8922.
How to Register:
- By phone: Call 401-785-9898 option 1 (Mon – Fri 8:15am – 5:00pm)
- In person at: 100 Bignall Street Warwick, RI 02888