What Sets Our Pre-license Course Apart?
The RI REALTORS® Professional Development Center is the premier and largest real estate training school in Rhode Island. Our office is centrally located in Warwick with satellite classrooms located throughout the state for your convenience. Courses are offered on various days & time.
Our Professional Development staff takes pride in assisting you with any pre-license questions that you might have, but we are also very knowledgeable about every aspect of the entire process, from the classroom to obtaining a license and beyond. We provide constant support to our members regarding post licensing education and we are happy to suggest basic, intermediate and advanced courses and programs that will help you strengthen your skill sets and enable you to reach your career goals.
Your experience when taking your Sales Pre-license course with RI REALTORS® includes:
- A curriculum that fulfills the State of RI license requirement for 3 hours of Agency training
- The mandatory Lead Paint course offered only to RIAR Students at a discounted price
- Access to free live Review Webinars offered every month and hosted by senior RIAR instructors. Content is solely based on questions posed by students and as such, it has no particular structure – your opportunity to get answers you want
- Digital access to multiple practice quizzes for both the general and state portions of the course as well as additional state law handouts and various study guides
- Discounted prices and direct access to a variety of additional study guides from Dearborn Publishing Group
- A RI Law Book compiled by this school – up to date RI Laws for your study that will enable you to complete the RI Law exam proficiently
- Contact information of REALTOR® member offices who are interested in associating new licensees.
- ‘What’s Next’ resources designed to prepare you for what comes after the study program including many REALTOR® benefits, recommended books, videos and real estate trainers and motivators – all leading you down the pathway to success.
- Career counseling and information on multiple continuing education programs, courses and seminars that are aimed at launching, maintaining and growing your real estate practice by helping you establish your career goals.
The Education Pre-licensing Process and Fees
Step 1: Register and complete 45 hours of Sales Pre-license.
COST includes a text book for in-person classes and an ebook for virtual classes
$299.00 or $279.00 if sponsored*
*Sponsorship must come from a principal broker in a REALTOR® office. A letter/email prior to registration can be sent to email@example.com
Step 2: Complete a one-time, three-hour Lead Paint Hazard class, (RI REALTOR® students will receive a discount)
Step 3: Schedule your exam with Pearson VUE either by phone (1-800-274-8922) or online. There are two exams, a general test and a local (state) test. The cost for both exams, taken simultaneously, is $70.
Have questions? Contact the RIAR Professional Development Center!
Phone: 401-785-9898 option 1