What Sets Our Pre-license Course Apart?
The RI REALTORS® Professional Development Center is the premier and largest real estate training school in Rhode Island. Our office is centrally located in Warwick with satellite classrooms located throughout the state for your convenience. Courses are offered on various days and times.
Our Professional Development staff takes pride in assisting you with any pre-license questions that you might have, but we are also very knowledgeable about every aspect of the entire process, from the classroom to obtaining a license and beyond. We provide constant support to our members regarding post licensing education and we are happy to suggest basic, intermediate and advanced courses and programs that will help you strengthen your skill sets and enable you to reach your career goals.
Your experience when taking your Sales Pre-license course with RI REALTORS® includes:
- A curriculum that fulfills the 45 hour State of RI license requirement including 3 hours of Agency training
- The Lead Paint course mandated by the State of R.I., offered to RI REALTORS students at a discounted price
- Digital access to multiplepractice quizzes for both the general and state portions of the course, as well as additional state law handouts and various study guides and a law review webinar (access given once class completes)
- A 200+ page RI Law Addendum compiled and updated regularly by this to enable you to complete the RI Law exam proficiently
- Contact information for RI REALTOR® member offices who are interested in associating with new licensees and potentially sponsoring* your spot in class, providing you with a discounted rate.
- ‘What’s Next’ resources designed to prepare you for what comes after the study program including many REALTOR® benefits, recommended books, videos and real estate trainers and motivators – all leading you down the pathway to success.
- Information on multiple continuing education programs, courses and seminars that are aimed at launching, maintaining and growing your real estate practice by helping you establish your career goals.
The Education Pre-licensing Process and Fees
- Step 1: Register and complete 45 hours of Sales Pre-license training.
- COST:$299.00 or $279.00 if sponsored*, includes a text book for in-person classes and an ebook for virtual classes
- *Sponsorship must come from a principal broker in a REALTOR® office. A sponsorship letter/email from the sponsor prior to registration must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- View Upcoming Pre License Courses
- Step 2: Complete a one-time, three-hour, state-mandated Lead Paint Hazard class, (RI REALTOR® students will receive a discount.)
- Step 3: Schedule your exam with Pearson VUE either by phone (1-800-274-8922) or online. There are two exams, a general test and a local (state) test. The cost for both exams, taken simultaneously, is $70.