It is the student’s responsibility to know and understand all below policies. If you have any questions about the below policies, please contact the RIAR Professional Development Center at 401-785-9898 option 1 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
View all Policies & Procedures
- Students MUSTcomplete all 45 hours prior to receiving certificate of completion for the Sales Pre-License class.
- Class starts promptly on time. NO student admitted after 10 minutes once class begins. No exceptions. In certain circumstances however, the $25.00 make-up fee may be waived.
- Any student who DOES NOT SIGNthe sign-in sheet LEGIBLY will be given an incomplete for the class and be required to make-up the specific class that was not signed in for.
- All students MUST CLEARLYand LEGIBLY sign their INDIVIDUAL Any student who has another student signing in on their behalf will be given an incomplete and be required to make up the class in question.
- Students will NOT be permitted to proceed with classes if class #1and #2 are BOTH Any refund request must be made by class #3.
- Any student who leaves before the class has completed or does not return after a scheduled break will be given an incomplete and be required to make up the specific class in its entirety.
MAKE UP POLICY
To make up any missing class you are encouraged to contact us by following the below instructions. Make up seating is LIMITED. We can only guarantee a seat once you have registered for a make-up class.
- $25.00 fee PER make-up class, unless there is documentation* for a medical or work -related absence. Any documentation can be sent to the RIAR Education Department.
**Documentation MUST include the specific date of original missed class.
**NO MORE than 4 classes may be waived with documentation. In certain circumstances, your registration may be moved to a different session.
- Students have 1 year from date of the last class attended to complete any make up classes.
To inquire and schedule about make-up dates, email email@example.com.
- Your registered first AND last name
- Location/Day/Time you currently take pre-license classes
- Class # missed or date missed (refer to your syllabus for class #)
- Include any restrictions (example: if you are only able to do mornings or only able to do evenings).
- All make-up fees MUST be paid, and all classes attended/signed into in order to receive certificate of completion. *A certificate of completion is required by the state to obtain a license.
- Make up students who require to make up more than 4 classes must choose to do so in 1 other class/location/time. Students are not permitted to make up more than 4 classes at multiple times/locations unless given prior approval.
- Make-Up students are responsible for signing AND printing their name on the make-up sheet OR, if there is no specific make-up sheet, please print and sign on the bottom of the class sign-in sheet.
- A class schedule may be altered due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances. It is the make-up student’s responsibility to follow and check inclement weather line procedures.
Cancelling PRIOR TO CLASS #1: Refund of all monies paid except a $25.00 registration fee.
Cancelling PRIOR TO CLASS #3: Students wishing to withdraw from class must file their request by calling/emailing RIAR Professional Development Department at 401-785-9898 (option 1) PRIOR to class #3. From monies paid RIAR shall retain:
- $25.00 Registration fee
- $10.00 per class attended by student
- $50.00 for books and course materials (if received)
Payment made by Credit/Debit Card: Refunds are processed between 24 or 48 hours.
Payment made by Cash/Check: Refund checks will be mailed out to the address on file within 30 days after the effective date of termination as defined above.
***Students will NOT be permitted to proceed with class if classes #1 and #2 are BOTH missed. No exceptions. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the RIAR Professional Development Department to proceed with the refund procedure prior to #3.***
AFTER CLASS #3:
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER CLASS #3. Under certain circumstances, these dollars can be applied to another sales pre-license course with the approval of the education director within a six month period.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR ANY BOOKS NOR ARE BOOKS ACCEPTED IN RETURN