It is the student’s responsibility to know and understand all below policies. If you have any questions about the below policies, please contact the RIAR Professional Development Center at 401-785-9898 option 1 or e-mail email@example.com
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
- Students mustcomplete all 45 hours prior to receiving certificate of completion for the Sales Pre-license class. A certificate of completion is required by the state to obtain a license.
- Class starts promptly on time. No student will receive credit if their arrival to class is not within 10 minutes of class start time.
- Any student who does not legibly sign their name on the sign-in sheet will be given an incomplete.
- Students will not be permitted to proceed with classes if class #1and #2 are both missed.
- Any student who leaves before the class has completed or does not return after a scheduled break will be given an incomplete and be required to make up the specific class in its entirety.
MAKE UP POLICY
Make up seating is limited. You will only be guaranteed a seat once you have registered for a make up class.
- $25.00 fee PER make up class,unless there is documentation* for a medical- or work-related absence.
- **Documentation must include the specific date of original missed class.
- **No more than four classes may be waived with documentation. In certain circumstances, your registration may be moved to a different session.
- Students have one yearfrom date of the last class attended to complete make up classes.
To inquire and schedule about make-up dates or to submit documentation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registered first ANDlast name
- Location/Day/Timeyou currently take pre-license classes
- Class # missedor date missed (refer to your syllabus for class #)
- Include any restrictions (example: if you are only able to do mornings or only able to do evenings)
- All make up fees MUST be paid,and all classes attended/signed into in order to receive certificate of completion.
- Students who need to makeup more than four classes may only do so at one other location/time. For example, if you register for a Monday and Wednesday morning class and miss more than four classes, you must take all make up classes in one location and time slot, i.e. Tuesday and Thursday evening courses. Students are not permitted to make up more than four classes at multiple times/locations unless given prior approval.
- Make up students MUST sign ANDprint their name on the sign in sheet to receive credit.
- A class schedule may be altered due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances. It is the make up student’s responsibility to follow inclement weather line procedures.
- Cancelling PRIOR TO CLASS #1: Refund of all monies paid except a $25.00 registration fee.
- Cancelling PRIOR TO CLASS #3: Students wishing to withdraw from class must file their request by calling/emailing RI REALTORS® Professional Development Department at 401-785-9898 (option 1) PRIOR to class #3. From monies paid RI REALTORS® shall retain:
- $25.00 Registration fee
- $10.00 per class attended by student
- $50.00 for books and course materials (if received)Payment made by Credit/Debit Card: Refunds are processed between 24 or 48 hours.
Payment made by Cash/Check: Refund checks will be mailed out to the address on file within 30 days after the effective date of termination as defined above.
- AFTER CLASS #3: NO REFUNDS
Under certain circumstances, these dollars can be applied to another sales pre-license course with the approval of the education director within a six-month period.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR ANY BOOKS NOR ARE BOOKS ACCEPTED IN RETURN.
- A ‘School Closings’ handout is posted in the classrooms and distributed to students in class #1. In the event of school cancellation due to inclement weather, a listing of local TV stations, websites and radio stations are provided. This course will be listed under VoTech schools, Rhode Island Association of Realtor classes. Cancellations will also be posted as a recording on the student weather cancellation line at 401-432-6950. Students will be notified via text/emails in the event of a cancellation. Students may opt in to receive text message alerts regarding cancellations.
- Classes will be scheduled on legal/state observed holidays.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. This includes adherence to the class schedule, dress and decorum. Offensive and disruptive conduct will not be tolerated and is cause for immediate dismissal. This includes ANY behavior that will disrupt the instructor as well as other students. Re-entrance requests must be submitted, in writing, to the Director of Professional Development in conjunction with course instructor(s) approval. Questions are encouraged by all participants as long as they pertain to the subject matter at hand.
- Upon successful completion of the Pre-license Real Estate Examination course, students will be e-mailed their Certificate of Completion within 72 hours of the class ending. If you do not receive your certificate, please contact us.
- This Certificate of Completion is considered valid by the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulations for two years from the date of completion as appears on the Certificate. Once the examination is taken and passed, students only have one year to apply for a license.
NOTE: The one-year application period is NOT in addition to the two-year expiration the Certificate of Completion. You have 2 years from the date on your certificate only to complete all requirements including passing the exam and applying for a license. Clarify