It is strongly suggested that you test the Zoom functionality prior to your class if you are not familiar with zoom. Depending on the device, downloading an app may be required. You can test your audio and video prior to class without creating an account at https://zoom.us/test.
You can try your own meeting by creating a free account (this is NOT required to attend class) at www.zoom.us.
Zoom Resources from RIAR
- Video: Attending a Zoom Class with RIAR
- PDF: Short-cuts for Zoom Learners
- Video: Tips on using Zoom on your Phone
If you experience difficulty with zoom once you have received the link, during business hours the following options are available.
- Call Tech Support 401-432-6905
- Zoom Support : Chat with Live Technician. If no technician is available you will be redirected to https://www.rirealtors.org/mls/tech-support/live-tech-support/no-tech-available/
Note: Zoom links are sent by 5pm one business day prior to class. If you did not receive the link, need to cancel or reschedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-785-9898 option 1. Please check your spam/junk folder for zoom links.
When using Chat the following scenarios vary by device as follows depending on the device being used:
- Desktop or Laptop – Chat window will open allowing user to chat with technician. If necessary to connect to the device the technician can initiate a prompt in the chat window to have the user download an applet so a remote session can begin to help resolve the issue.
- Phone – Chat window will open allowing user to chat with technician. Chat window might fill the whole screen There is no option for the technician to connect to the user’s device.
- Tablet – Chat window will open allowing user to chat with technician. Chat window easier to navigate than on a phone. There is no option for the technician to connect to the user’s device.
If you are experiencing trouble after business hours, there are many resources and support articles at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us.