With the recertification deadline looming, make sure you’re up to speed on license renewal compliance. Here’s what you need to know:
· License renewal requirements are set by the R.I. Department of Business Regulation (DBR)
· Licensees must complete 24 hours of continuing education (CE) by April 30th.
· Keep your Certificates of Completion in a safe place in case you are audited.
· At least 6 of the total 24 credits need to be considered CORE courses.
· If you received your license prior to November 2017 you must complete all 24 hours of CE.
· There are no specific required courses for R.I. license renewal other than the 6 CORE hours.
· Lead Paint Hazards is NOT required in order to renew your license, only to obtain a license.
· Biannual Code of Ethics training is required by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and must be completed between 1/1/17 and 12/31/18. The class is available for free with no credit or available with 3 CORE CEUs for a fee. Please contact your local board for all Code of Ethics requirements and completion information.
· Your RI REALTOR® Education history will ONLY reflects classes you’ve taken with R.I. Association of REALTORS® (RIAR) and affiliated online schools through the RI REALTORS® portal. Contact R.I. Department of Business Regulation for questions about license renewal and courses at schools other than RI REALTOR® or RI REALTOR®-affiliated online schools.
The RI REALTOR® Professional Development Center has classes scheduled between now and April 30th to help you earn CE credits but classes are filling up quickly. If you need CE classes for a license renewal, register as soon as possible. You can find information and register by visiting the RI REALTORS® Course Calendar or RIRealtors.org.
RI REALTOR® classes that are approved for CORE are noted in the description. For any questions about RI REALTOR® Professional Development Center classes, please contact email@example.com or 401-785-9898 option 1.
*PLEASE NOTE, CLASSES WITH SIMILAR NAMES OFFERED BY OTHER SCHOOLS MAY NOT BE APPROVED BY DBR! PLEASE CONSULT WITH DBR OR THE SCHOOL OFFERING THE COURSE.