The Rhode Island Association of REALTORS® has approved the following to the RIAR Real Estate Sales Disclosure form. Watch Instanet or your online forms provider for these form changes.
▪Real Estate Sales Disclosure (REVISIONS):
4. Wood/Coal/Gas/Pellet Stove: Adds an option for a pellet stove.
5. Heating System: Asks whether the seller is aware of any defects in the heating system.
6. Underground Storage Tank: Adds questions about whether an underground storage tank is leased, and whether a tank that is no longer in use has been filled or removed.
8. Plumbing: Adds checkboxes for different types of plumbing and asks whether the seller is aware of any defects in the plumbing.
9. Electrical Services: Asks whether the seller is aware of any defects in the electrical system.
14. Water System: Adds a question about whether the property has a whole house filtration system; whether the system is leased, and what the amount and term of the lease are.
20. Property Restrictions: Adds checkboxes for types of property restrictions.
28. Lead Contamination: Updates the lead language to quote state law verbatim.
31. Mold: Added specific questions about mold.
Changes: Reminds sellers to update the disclosure form if any changes occurred after they originally completed and signed the disclosure.
Questions? Please contact the RIAR Legal Department at 401-432-6945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.