Key features & benefits
Developed by Core Logic, Matrix is arguably the most powerful and feature-rich MLS system now available in the industry. Matrix offers all the modern features and benefits required by today’s real estate professionals, including:
- Speed – Maximum speed is central to the Matrix product philosophy. Built for performance from the ground up, the optimized system architecture and efficient workflow allows you to search, email, and operate the system as fast as possible – you’ll soon see for yourself how fast the system responds to even the most complex queries.
- Cross-platform Use – Matrix is accessible from all popular web browsers, operating systems and platforms, providing the versatility demanded by today’s real estate community. Use Matrix from your PC- or Mac-based desktop, laptop, or tablet, including Apple® Mac® and iPad™ products. For maximum efficiency on the go, you can access the full Matrix system on your web-enabled iPad or tablet. If you would prefer to access Matrix on your smartphone, you can access the full version or the more efficient mobile version.
- More information and photos – Matrix includes “green” fields and values, the ability to add up to 40 listing images and 1500 characters in Remarks. Additionally, listing reports are dynamic – meaning that empty and partially filled fields automatically compress the reports, making for a more consistent and efficient look.
- Schedule showings online – State-Wide MLS has partnered with Showing Suite to provide you with an integrated online showing appointment scheduling and feedback tool directly within Matrix. With this state of the art application, you can schedule a showing with the click of a link or via a simple text message. The fully automated system then calls or texts all involved parties to confirm the appointment, saving you time and improving your efficiency by lowering your cost of operation.
- Speed Bar – It’s not just about system speed – the Matrix Speed Bar allows you to perform Google-like searches in Matrix. From listing records and tax records, to agents and search shortcuts, the Speed Bar dramatically reduces the time required to perform searches.
- Saved search history – The Search History feature in Matrix is a terrific time-saving feature that is perfect for when you are busy serving multiple clients at once. Running a previous search is as simple as a single mouse click. Matrix automatically saves your recent searches—complete with a date/time stamp and the number of results—and displays them in a list conveniently located near the top of each page.
- Listing cart – The cart functionality in Matrix offers you greater listing management control and provides a tidy way to work with multiple clients while navigating the multiple listing system. You can drop listings into any client’s cart from virtually anywhere in the program, and then easily view, email, map or print the listings at your convenience.
- Client Portal – The Client Portal in Matrix provides you with private web pages for clients that will help you improve client collaboration. The Client Portal lets you personally brand the information delivered to each individual buyer or seller. Using the Portal’s split-screen technology, your clients can more effectively manage listings by visually identifying where they are located on the map. The Portal also serves as a powerful communication tool by allowing your clients to categorize listings according to their level of interest, as well as log conversation notes between you and them. Your clients can further customize their Portal experience by creating and saving searches of their own. Matrix then provides you with detailed client activity and Portal usage statistics.
- Concierge – The Concierge feature in Matrix offers a variety of options when it comes to automatically e-mailing listings to your clients. The “concierge” feature lets you view and approve listings before sending them. After being notified of new matches, you can approve or decline listings that meet your clients’ search criteria. The concierge-style of email management provides greater control over listing data distribution, ultimately fostering higher client interest and satisfaction.
Regardless of what advanced features a new system may have, if users are unable to accomplish even a simple task due to a lack of quality training, it is of no use to them. Since Matrix user training is so important, we’re creating a flexible program to ensure that everyone can receive the instruction they need at their convenience and through their preferred learning environment.
- Hands-on classes – These small, comprehensive sessions provide the user with innovative instruction on the robust tools found within the Matrix system. View the Matrix training class calendar and register online for classes.
- Webinars – From the comfort of your home or office, users can attend remote training events that cover the basic functions of Matrix. Guided by our knowledgeable instructors, these online classes provide a convenient way to learn how to successfully navigate Matrix when attending a class in person may be a challenge.
- Pre-recorded online training – Can’t find time to attend a live Matrix class or need to brush up on using a new module you saw during a previous training session? Check out our library of short, online training snippets to quickly show you how to perform both basic and advanced Matrix functions. Click on the Matrix tile in the Member Gateway, then click through “Help” to “Matrix Tutorials”.
Commercial listings and Matrix
When State-Wide MLS launched the Rhode Island Commercial Information Exchange (RICIE) in 2013, its purpose was to provide those working in the commercial real estate market with specialized research and marketing tools just as MLS has delivered to residential practitioners for many years.
Since that time, RICIE Has expanded to become East Coast Commercial Property Network (CPN) – a premier commercial property resource. Since the move to Matrix in 2017, the State-Wide MLS system no longer supports the management of most commercial property records. Instead, most* commercial records are managed by East Coast CPN, a member of the Catylist network, the nation’s premiere commercial information exchange.
*See below for details:
With the launch of Matrix, the Commercial Industrial/Investment (Category 5 – CII), Business Only (Category 6 – BUS) and Commercial Lease (Category 7 – CIL) property types were replaced with a new “Commercial Multifamily/Mixed-Use” (CMM) category. Additionally, only 5+ unit multifamily and mixed-use commercial property types are now accepted into Matrix. All other commercial listings must be entered into the East Coast CPN system instead.
How much does it cost to join East Coast Commercial Property Network?
For existing MLS subscribers, “Basic” access to East Coast CPN is free. For State-Wide MLS subscribers who want to use the complete East Coast CPN system, including access to the system’s research tools and listing syndication features, “Full” access is $50/month. Non MLS subscribers are charged $65/month for “Full” access. Learn more about pricing and the different types of East Coast CPN access.
Where can I learn more about East Coast Commercial Property Network?
Please visit our eastcoastcpn.com for more information.
Still have questions regarding Matrix or East Coast Commercial Property Network? Please feel free to contact our Tech Support Help Desk at 785-9898 (select Option 3).