In 2001, leaders of State-Wide MLS (RI), MLS Property Information Network (MA) and SmartMLS (CT) formed the “Northeast Regional MLS Alliance”, a cross-border MLS reciprocity network. The first of its kind in the country, the Alliance provided members of the participating MLSs limited access to each other’s on-line systems, enabling agents to peruse the listing database of a neighboring state in an effort to better serve their clients, yet without having to be an actual member and bearing its corresponding cost. Further, for a nominal fee, an agent could add a listing to an Alliance MLS system, thereby greatly enhancing the marketability of that property without having the cost of multiple MLS memberships.
Listing Input – Although State-Wide MLS members will have access to the CT and MA MLS systems, you will not have the ability to enter or modify listings electronically. However, listings can be entered into these cooperating systems by completing the appropriate listing agreements of that host system and submitting them email for entry by their staff.
To have a listing added to MLS Property Information Network (MLS PIN):
- Complete the MLS PIN Foreign Listing Submission form
- Submit a copy of your listing contract with the Foreign Listing Submission form to State-Wide MLS by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Once the Submission Form is approved and signed by the MLS Administrator or Representative, it will be emailed back to you.
- To submit your Alliance Listing you must send the items listed below to MLS PIN (MLS Property Information Network) directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed listing input forms
- A business card or a copy of your business card
- A full report or agent detail report of the listing that has been reported to State Wide MLS
- Copy of listing contract signed by listing agent and seller
- A foreign listing submission form signed by a staff member of State Wide MLS Membership Department
- A completed one-time payment form for input of reciprocal listing – (Form can be found in MLSPIN Listing Forms box below)
- Email listing photos using .jpg file format to email@example.com. Photo is required… Submit photo within 10 days to avoid termination of Alliance Listing
Provide the appropriate data input form found below or contact MLS PIN to receive a listing form/data sheet at (800) 695-3000.
To have a listing added to SmartMLS:
- Complete the SmartMLS Listing Submission Form.
- Submit a copy of your listing contract with the Foreign Listing Submission form to State-Wide MLS by fax (401-941-5320) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once the Submission Form is approved and signed by the MLS Administrator or Representative, it will be faxed or emailed back to you.
- To submit your Alliance Listing you must send the items listed below to SmartMLS directly.
- Provide the SmartMLS Listing Submission Form signed by the State-Wide MLS Administrator to the SmartMLS
- Provide a valid copy of your CT RE License and number of Designated Broker CT RE License# (if property is located in CT) or RI RE License (if property is located in RI).
- Provide valid copy of the listing contract executed by both parties.
- Provide current business card for contact information
- Email listing photos using .jpg file format to: Sonni@smartmls.com
- Provide payment, for ‘Listing Input Fee’ in the amount of $35.00 payable to SmartMLS.
- Complete the appropriate SmartMLS Data Input Form from the list below or visit the SmartMLS website
- Contact SmartMLS for additional information at (203) 697-1006
SonniLynn Vitale, Director of Membership
860 N. Main Street Ext
Wallingford, CT 06495
If you have any questions about the procedures above please contact Jean at 401-432-6935 or email@example.com