Pearson Vue has reopened its East Providence testing center for real estate and appraiser testing with a number of safety protocols in place. They have also activated third-party test sites to assist with any backlog from the last several months. The safety protocols are as follows:
To protect other candidates and staff, you will not be admitted to the test center and you should reschedule your exam online if you:
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or been in close personal contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis.
- Have had any flu-like symptoms in the last fourteen days, including fever, chills, a cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
- Have been under fourteen days’ home quarantine or centralized observation demanded by government and healthcare authorities.
- You will be asked to acknowledge that you meet the above health requirements and that you will follow health and safety guidelines while testing.
Additionally, the following health and safety measures will observed at all testing centers:
- You must bring and wear your own face mask while you’re at the test center and throughout your exam. Any surgical or cloth face mask, including a homemade face mask, is acceptable as long as your nose and mouth are fully covered. Candidates without a face mask will be denied testing services. We are unable to provide face masks to candidates.
- Make hand sanitizer available in the waiting area and prior to entering the testing room.
- Increase our cleaning and disinfecting regimens in between all testing appointments.
- Provide tissues to candidates upon arrival at the test center.
- Permit candidates to wear disposable gloves if they choose.
- Remind candidates to wash their hands or utilize hand sanitizer upon arrival at the test center.
- Enforce social distancing recommendations which includes staying > 6 feet away from other people in the waiting area and during the admissions process.
- Some regional test centers may require candidates to provide a temperature check upon arrival.
Schedule your exam with Pearson VUE either by phone (1-800-274-8922) or online. Appointment availability is limited due to social distancing precautions and varies by location. Please note that customer service wait-times are also longer than usual right now. For information on rescheduling, refunds, and more, please see Pearson VUE’s FAQs.
This is the latest information regarding testing that is available. We will continue to update you as information becomes available on rirealtors.org/covid19.