Warwick, RI, December 4, 2017 – The Realtor Foundation: Rhode Island has announced the disbursement of $16,350 to six local, charitable organizations. The Foundation provides grants of up to $5000 per quarter for organizations that support the Foundation’s mission to help create more productive and enriched communities and to help people affected by personal disaster. The Foundation awarded 2017 grants to:
- Rebuilding Together Greater Newport– The organization received $2500 to rehabilitate homes for low-income and disabled homeowners;
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors RI – A $2500 grant will be used to purchase materials for no-cost home repairs for qualifying low-income homeowners in South County;
- Books are Wings – A disbursement of $2500 will put free books into the hands of children from birth to middle school;
- Boys & Girls Club of Warwick – Foundation funds of $1350 will help provide memberships and monthly fees for those who cannot afford services;
- Rhode Island Center Assisting Those in Need (RICAN) – $2500 will be used to provide rental, utility and possibly mortgage assistance for low income residents. The organization offers social services, emergency food and outreach to thousands of at risk residents in southern Rhode Island, and; and
- Special Olympics Rhode Island, Inc. – A Foundation grant of $5000 will support the organization’s 50th Annual State Summer Games in June 2018.
“We were thrilled to be able to help so many worthy causes this year. Our grant recipients have a remarkable impact on the lives of Rhode Islanders throughout the state. If the Foundation can improve peoples’ circumstances in some marked way by supporting their efforts, then we have done what we set out to do. We’re proud to play a small part in their good works,” remarked Paul Leys, Chair of the Realtor Foundation: Rhode Island Trustees.
The deadline for the next application cycle is February 15, 2018 at 5 pm. For more information or to access an application, visit realtorfoundationri.org.